Tuesday, December 30, 2014

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”

-Hippocrates

Well I'm doing it! I am going to see juicing through 28 days to heal my body! I have struggled for years with terrible acne, allergies and food addiction that has lead to a lot of weight gain! I also struggle with depression after the birth of my children. 

I love juicing and I have lost 25 pounds doing it. I love the way I feel and how juicing is my medicine most days! I have seen improvements in my acne during different times I have gone 5 or 7 days only consuming fresh fruit and vegetable juice, but slowly stress creeps in and I seem to go into the same food addictions as before. Then my acne returns and the weight starts to go on again. Although not as severe as before, I start to incorporate juicing more in my routine again. I can get back on track faster and sooner.  I still have 15 pounds that have stayed around, I get depressed mostly in the winter and my acne is so severe sometimes, it consumes my life and I loose my confidence!

I saw the Super Juice Me documentary by Jason Vale and I was blown away with the results of the healing that took place by people living on fresh juice for 28 days! So for the past 6 months, I really thought about doing this. I want to see how I can reduce or even eliminate my acne, severe hay-fever and my weight issues.

With food addiction, I am always feeling like I am depriving myself of something rather than I GET to nourish my body by eating. When I juice, I truly feel I CAN have anything I want, I just don't WANT it. But I have never gone long enough to really heal my body and starve the junky food terrorist to death. What I realize is that I use food as the exact thing to create more stress in my body than to heal it. I heard it explained once this way.....If you have been wearing ski boots all day, what is going to feel the best at the end of a day of skiing? To take them OFF! So normally after a stressful day I think that to make myself feel better, I should eat a PAN (I'm not kidding) of brownies! That is the exact thing that stresses my body out! Not to put those boots on and walk around the house for a few more hours! I have become like a drug addict that to get that high again I have to consume the very thing that made me have that low of low's in the first place. And that my one reader- is why I need to change...again! I hope that makes sense. 

So I'm going to do it! Prepare to be amazed! Actually I am preparing so that I can be amazed to be honest! Here's to you making and living your true life and accomplishing hard things that you never thought possible! See you in 2015!

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! Glad you're writing - Love reading your stuff! Journaling is such a powerful tool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My one reader is revealed!!😘

      Delete