Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 16

I am just over half way there!The end of my second week was bad. I had a terrible juice that wasn't juice at all. It was almond milk (homemade), a banana and spirulina. (Which is one of the best sources of protein you can get, if you blend it properly). Oh it was gross! I was feeling lonely and I didn't think I could do it anymore. Here's what I realized after I held on and watched Jason Vale's coaching videos on an app on my Ipad.

 #1-I realized I feel weak when I don't drink enough water.
#2-I had a dinner party over the weekend and that was hard! Sushi, Chinese food are some of my favorite foods, but I brought my juice and focused on people instead of eating.
#3-The next day my husband brought over some good friends with a whole lot of appetizers from a restaurant. That is when I felt truly alone. I held it together and I am so grateful that I did. I had a yummy juice to drink as I watched them eat greasy food. I was amazed I felt satisfied and fed. It was very empowering!
So moving on...

The best part of this 28 day journey, is I started exercising with some ladies in my neighborhood at 6 AM!! Although they are not juicers, we have so much fun together and get a great workout over and done with early! Plus they don't ask me stupid things about why I'm juicing and where I get all my nutrients. UM...people never cared when I was killing myself with nasty fast food and processed junk. Now suddenly everyone is worried that because I am drinking and blending raw veggie and fruit juice with avocados, they are concerned now? Doesn't that seem weird? I do! Anyway, those girls with their amazing calves and strong chests...they make me laugh and keep me motivated! They all have saved my life during this journey.

I have lost 9 pounds and I am very close to my goal. My skin is clearing up and my skin heals itself very fast. I have more energy even though I still have long days and I get tired, I feel really good! It's working! I am starting to see the light! I am feeling gratitude for good and wholesome food, and I am looking forward to eating with my family again. Well, eating what I have prepared with them. Even though I sit at the table with them, it's not the same. This journey has helped me gain control of my life again and especially the way I see food and what role it plays in my life. I love the process of making juice in the morning. It is a metaphor to my life.
 Prepare, Do, Clean up and Give Thanks...
REPEAT!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Em! You are doing great and the pay offs are big! Can't wait to celebrate all the love that has accumulated in our lives 💖

    ReplyDelete